The NSTU now offers two methods to apply for Regular and Active Reserve Membership.
- You may apply and remit payment online (2017-2018) if you are paying by Visa, MasterCard or PayPal.
- To apply by mail, please download and fill out the (2017-2018) application form.
Benefits of Reserve & Active Reserve Membership
Regular Reserve Membership:
Fee: $10.00 per year (Expires July 31st of each year)
- The right to benefits as provided through the NSTU as bargaining agent.
- The right to apply for legal assistance in instances resulting from problems arising in the performance of duties.
- The right to attend Council as an observer, or as an associate delegate, when nominated by a professional association.
- The right to attend meetings of a designated Local, as an observer.
- The right to membership in professional associations.
- The right to membership in the NSTU Group Insurance Plan, in accordance with the provisions of the plan.
- The right to receive NSTU publications through web access on the NSTU website.
- The right to professional counselling within education.
- The right to access materials, as assigned, on the NSTU website.
- The right to an NSTU web mail account.
Active Reserve Membership:
Fee: $32.00 per year (Expires July 31st of each year)
You must be a substitute and have taught 15 days in the current or previous school year to apply for this membership option.
Benefits are those of Regular Reserve found above, plus:
- The right to vote at the local and/or provincial level.
- The right to attend Council:
- as a voting delegate, when nominated by a Local;
- as an alternate delegate, when nominated by a Local;
- as the Local Observer as nominated by a Local;
- as an observer.
- The right to membership on NSTU committees.