Annual Council 2019
New Date: May 3-5, 2019
Location: Halifax Convention Centre, Ballroom Level B1 & B2
Accommodations: Hotel Halifax and the Barrington Hotel (formerly Delta Halifax and Delta Barrington)
Online Registration: February 4, 2019 - March 25, 2019
Registration will open at 6:00 a.m. on Monday, February 4, 2019 - Click here to register
Local Presidents are reminded to send in the names of their Voting & Alternate Delegates as well as Local Observers as soon as they are available.
New for Council 2019
- Due to the rules under the liquor license for the Halifax Convention Centre the NSTU is no longer able to bring in the beverages for the President’s Reception Friday evening. NSTU will be providing 2 drink tickets per delegate attending Council;
- The HCC has rules concerning outside food and beverages for conferences held at the Convention Centre. If the food and beverage can be provided by the convention centre the locals would have to order it from them. In our case they are willing to permit small table snacks to be brought in by the respective locals but food, soft drinks, and whole fruit would all be required to be ordered through them as those are standard items on their menu. Small table snacks is not something they provide so they are permitting them to be brought in.
- You can view the HCC menu here.
- All sessions will be held on the Ballroom Level of the Halifax Convention Centre in B1 & B2.
- Registration will be held at the Hotel Halifax from 4:30 until 7:00 p.m. on the 1st Floor in the MacDonald/McNab rooms. Late registration will be available in the NSTU Office located in room 501 on the Ballroom Level at the Halifax Convention Centre.
- The Health Kiosk will be located at the Hotel Halifax on the 1st floor in the MacKay/Mayflower rooms on Friday night only from 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- The New Delegate Orientation Session will be provided by way of a webinar which will be posted on the NSTU website. A link will be emailed to new delegates in April.
- The Council Workbook will once again be offered to delegates electronically (PDF and flipbook versions). During the online registration process delegates will be asked to select their preference of a paper copy of the Council Workbook or an electronic copy of the Council Workbook (resolution 2014-42). Numbers for printing the Workbook will be based on these responses.
- The President’s reception will be held Friday evening immediately following the 1st session of Council from 9:30 p.m. until 11:00 p.m. in Ballroom Salon at the Halifax Convention Centre.
- The Council Awards Luncheon will be held on Saturday, May 4th on the Ballroom Level in B1 at the Halifax Convention Centre. Email correspondence has been sent to Local Presidents outlining the procedures for Local Service Awards.
Any questions regarding the above can be emailed to email@example.com.